Dr. Brant Pitre
“Have you ever read something that completely changed the way yo see Jesus and the Bible? That’s what Pope Francis document, The Face of Mercy, did for Dr. Pitre. At the very heart of Jesus’ mission and message was something we often overlook: the message of mercy. ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’ Jesus says (Matt 12:7). But what does this mean?
“In this transformative Bible study, Dr. Pitre takes you on a journey into the heart of mercy in Sacred Scripture. In four riveting presentations, you will learn about:
- How the God of the Old Testament is a God of ‘Mercy’
- How Jesus fulfilled the ancient Jewish feast of the Jubilee Year
- The Deeper meaning of the Blood and Water from the Side of Jesus Crucified
- What Jesus really meant when he said ‘Be merciful as your Father is merciful’ and “Judge not lest you be judged.’ (Luke 7:36-37)
- The Parables of Mercy: the Lost Sheep, the Lost Coin, and the Prodigal Son
- Indulgences and the Jubilee Year of Mercy explained” understanding the ‘Holy Doors’
- The location of the Lost Ark and how Mary is the ‘Mercy Seat’ of the New Covenant
“Mercy is at the heart of the Gospel any year, but Pope Francis has put it at the very center of the Year of Mercy. Yet many Catholics are not quite sure why Pope Francis called for a ‘Year of Mercy’ or how to obtain the special Jubilee Year of Mercy Indulgence.
“If you’ve ever wanted to understand and receive the astounding mercy of God, of if you know a ‘prodigal’ son or daughter who really needs to hear Jesus’ message of mercy, then this Bible study is for you.”
Catholic Productions, 4 CDs, 4 hours
There are no reviews yet.