100th Commemorative Issue of “The Hebrew Catholic”
Along with the 100th issue of The Hebrew Catholic, “we also commemorate the 50th year of the Vatican Council II document Nostra Aetate. This watershed document prepared the ground for a major exploration by the Church into the mystery of Israel along with a revolutionary change in Catholic thinking about the Jewish people.
“The fruit of that exploration is partly reflected in a number of Magisterial documents, all of which are included in this issue. We also include the recent reflections by the Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews, The Gifts and the Calling of God are Irrevocable. While these reflections are not Magisterial, they do reveal the development in the discussions that are taking place concerning the Church’s relations with the Jewish people.”
- Declaration on the Relation of the Church to non-Christian Religions, Nostra Aetate
- Guidelines and Suggestinos for Implementing the Conciliar Declaration, Nostra Aetate
- Notes on the Correct Way to Present the Jews and Judaism in Preaching and Catechesis in the Roman Catholic Church
- We Remember: A Reflection on the Shoah
- Lumen Gentium §16, Good Friday Prayer for the Jews, Catechism
- The Gifts and the Calling of God are Irrevocable.
AHC, 2016, 32 pages